Thursday, September 16, 2010

The First Days of School

Pre-school started off with a bang on Monday - the class (9 returning students, 3 new ones) seemed to hit it off and the teachers are (hopefully) getting into a groove. Abby had a nice time, other than apparently she was not so happy about putting away toys to go read a story and she threw a minor fit and hit her head when she threw it back in protest. Par for the course these days, but she was fine and the rest of the time was ok.

Yesterday was only Day 3 of Abby's second year and she came home from school with a fever! Last year she must have been sick at least 4-5 times so I was hoping that this year it wouldn't be so bad, now that her immune system adjusted to a bunch of runny-nosed kids all playing with the same toys and putting their hands in their mouths. But alas, that hope only lasted about 48 hours. Luckily she is fine - her fever is gone and other than a lingering cough and swollen glands, she should bounce back by the time school resumes on Monday after Yom Kippur.

In other news at home, I must have been in a fog for the first few months of Abby's life because I don't really remember how her demeanor was. I know she was a pretty easy baby but Zach seems to be a little saint (so far)! He is so smiley & happy, and will just hang out no matter where he is or what he's doing. He eats, sleeps and gives us the best smiles. So maybe he's a little short but his big personality will make up for his little height. I just adore the kid and can't believe I was so nervous to have a boy! I am sure I'll change this once he's mobile and active, but if what everyone has told me about boys being so loveable with their moms holds true, his future wife better watch out!!!

No comments: