Monday, December 5, 2011

Thankful for What I've Been Given

I just realized that it's been a full month since I last updated what's been going on with us. Oops! Call that mommy brain or simply a hectic pre-holiday season, it's been busy, that's for sure! In fact, my to-do list is about 99 pages long, but I'll check this box off now....

This past month, we celebrated a few exciting things: the birth of two friends baby boys (and two brises), a great parent-teacher conference report, a first-time meeting between Jason's grandmother and her great-grandson Zachary and of course, Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving brought Grammy Sheryl in from Chicago for a few days and it also brought many belt-loosening, tasty treats like sweet potatoe casserole, home-baked brownies and apple pie. We also took a trip to the city for a visit to the Museum of Natural History and a pit stop at Shake Shack for lunch. Not to mention, Jason's cousin Karen's 30th birthday surprise lunch in NYC, which was enjoyed by all. Needless to say, it was a busy and filling weekend - literally and figuratively!

Which brings me to why I am thankful. Not to sound cheesey, but with the last year being a bit of a struggle with Jason not working, somehow we've managed to make it work. We have a beautiful family and words can't even convey how grateful I am for my three little blessings: Abby, Zach and Sadie. With the holidays upon us in a few weeks, I want to try to focus more on what we DO have: our health, our family and our friends. I think that if we stay positive now, good things will come our way in 2012!

No comments: