Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Hopes

Out with the old and in with the new (year)! 2012 is finally here, like it or not, and the Strongins are ready! We spent the last few days of the year together, organizing our playroom, running errands, having playdates, participating in classes and hosting a low-key New Year's Eve party. Being home without our beloved nanny for 10 days didn't allow for as many opportunities to clean and organize as I had hoped, but it did allow for some brief time to look back on 2011 and look forward to 2012.

The year had its share of ups and downs - with Jason not employed, it was financially stressful on us, but rewarding with him being more involved in the kids' everyday lives. We started the year off with Zach barely able to roll over and ended it with him talking, running and climbing (all over furniture, I might add). Abby began 2011 barely potty trained and I could not be more proud of her for her accomplishments in the bathroom as well as in the classroom, where she is working on reading, writing, spelling and excelling in arts & crafts. As for me, I changed jobs early in the year and I look back on it with no regrets.

I am optimistic that 2012 will bring good things for us all. With huge milestones this year like Abby graduating preschool and starting kindergarten, Zach beginning preschool and Jason hopefully becoming employed, the year looks bright and hopeful (at least 2 days in). I'd like to get (back in?) shape and lose the few holiday pounds I put on, and maybe even start a workout regime. I also hope to reinvigorate my passion for writing, if I can squeeze that in as well.

Now if we could only get Sadie to stop peeing on our couch, we'd be off to a great start!

No comments: