Friday, October 19, 2012

While Mommy's Away

To A&Z: As you may (or may not) realized, Mommy is away for a week on a work trip to Dallas. This week won't be easy on any of us: Daddy, who has to take care of you both each night and over the weekend; Cora, who has to make your meals and get you dressed and ready for school each day; Sadie, who always misses her mommy; both of you and of course, me!

While I know you both have had your moments of sadness (Abby, crying the night before I left; Zach, crying when you woke up from a nap and I wasn't there), you can rest assure that I'm pretty darn sad, too. I miss being able to see your happy faces in the morning and kissing you goodnight before bed. I miss your huge hugs and smiles when I walk in the door from work. I miss seeing your pictures that you colored and the notes home from school. Above all, I miss YOU both terribly!

Traveling for work, especially for a really long trip like this one, is not my idea of fun. Yes, I stay in a nice hotel and sleep in bed without a dog laying on me and I get to eat every meal in peace and quiet without having to clean up after anyone. But what I miss the most when I'm away on a trip like this one is just being able to kiss you both and give you big hugs every day. I work to help provide a better life for you and I hope you know that I do this to give you the best that life can offer, even if there are some rough times in-between.

I will try my best to remember how much I miss you when I'm back at home and yelling to make you stop running around the house or screaming, but in the meantime, please keep missing me and know that I am missing you right back. And be good for daddy - he could use a little help :).

No comments: