Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Rough Month

As the first month of 2009 approaches its end, I am quite relieved. This month was a bit rough for our family. It started out with Abby getting over her bad reaction to the MMR shot, Jason catching a cold and giving it to me and Abby and a whole lot of snow and cold weather.

Abby's cold turned into a bad cough, which she is still getting over from close to 2 weeks ago. It's so hard to hear her cough but at least she is in good spirits. And just when I thought her sleeping was back to normal....this happened and she's been waking up at night coughing. Needless to say, we all need some rest if we're going to make it through '09!

On a positive note, we watched in amazement as Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th POTUS. I am thrilled that I got to watch history happen and even happier that Abby will have the next 4 years (hopefully 8!) to watch and see how the world is a better place because of him.

Hopefully February will bring some great things - including a new niece for us/cousin for Abby, a healthy, sleeping Abby and some warmer weather (who am I kidding??).

No comments: