Wednesday, August 17, 2011

4 going on 14

Abby, aka "Little Miss 'Tude," has lately been on a streak of asserting her, uh, independence it seems. Her new favorite words include "whatever!" and "totally!" (used correctly, I might add). Seriously, am I raising a teenager or a toddler? I can't get over the sassy stuff that comes out of her mouth sometimes. She probably picks it up from friends (or, admittedly, me) and while it's comical, I am also frightened by it at the same time. I wonder how much she soaks up of my (often) sassy attitude and when she uses my own words against me, I know she takes in more than I think. And I realize that the influence from her friends (especially those with older siblings) is probably stronger than I'd like.

Hopefully she will still want to be a kid for a little while longer since I am not ready for her to be a full-fledged teen yet!

No comments: