Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Note to My Kids

Dear Abby and Zach,
While I love you both with all my heart and I would stop at nothing to make you both happy, nothing says "happiness" to me like a good night's sleep. While you both seem to take extreme pleasure in waking me and daddy up at 6 or 6:30 am recently, I would like to remind you that this is simply NOT an acceptable wake-up time in our house. I know your cousins wake up early, but I thought that the past 4 years and 15 months (respectively to each of you) where you both woke up anywhere between 7 and 8 am (or later) regularly was an indication that I had GOOD sleepers in my house. Yet the past few weeks prove otherwise.

I am more than happy to see your little cute faces between the normal operating hours of 7 am - 8 pm, but let's put the past behind us and get back on track to sleeping until a more respectable time so that we can all be less cranky. Daddy, Sadie and I will all thank you for it.

And a side note to Big Sis - you do NOT need us to come watch you go to the bathroom when you wake up at 6 am. I'm pretty sure you are capable of doing that yourself, as you do during the day!

With all my love,
Mommy

No comments: