Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yes, today I turned 35. Yes, I left the prized 18-34 demographic. Yes, I feel older and probably have another wrinkle or two today. But those milestones are nothing compared to the one that happened at my house today - my little pumpkin Zach started walking today!!!

Jason took the kids to my office for a birthday pizza lunch and came back to my office so I could show them off after lunch. Zach was crawling around as usual, and decided he didn't even want to stand up or hold my hand and walk, which was fine. But a mere two hours after they got home, our nanny Cora texted me and said "Zach is walking." I quickly called her - thinking she meant he was taking 2-3 steps like he had done a few times in his PT sessions - and she said "he's walking all over the place!" I could not believe my ears and she sent me a photo of him doing it.

I am sure I'll be chasing after him as he runs away from me in no time, but I've been anxiously awaiting this milestone for a while and he gave it to me as a wonderful birthday gift! The ice cream cake and other presents are of course appreciated but not nearly as special :).

No comments: