Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy Little Bees

This past weekend was whirlwind at my house! Well, technically not AT my house, considering we were rarely home, but with my household.

Saturday, we trekked by car, subway and foot to "The Great Googamooga," a food, wine and music festival in Brooklyn. I had received comp VIP passes through a work acquaintance, and figured with the perfect 75 degree day, it would be a fun adventure for all of us. It's possible that the last time I was in Brooklyn was while running the NYC Marathon in 2005, and I know it was the first trip to Brooklyn for Abby and Zach. In fact, it was also their first time on the NYC subway (which of course they loved and I hate). After eating, drinking and navigating our way through Prospect Park and the crowds at the festival, we were ready to hit up the next borough, Queens, to pick up Grammy Sheryl.

We were exhausted after wandering around Prospect Park for hours, but we still managed to get Grammy at LGA and head into yet another part of the city, one which we used to call "home," on the Upper East Side. There, we enjoyed a quick and delicious meal at BareBurger and watched as Zach fell asleep for the night on the way home after a long, long day.

Sunday was no less exhausting, with back-to-back activities from 11:30 am - 6 pm. With two birthday parties and a school BBQ during that time, we also somehow managed to squeeze in a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond (Jason), Buy Buy Baby (me and the kids) AND Stew Leonards (all of us). WHEW! It certainly was a whirlwind of a day and I was very happy to put the kids - and myself - to bed.

While these types of weekends don't happen all that often, it does remind me to stop, sit back and enjoy these times when the kids are happy, busy and full of energy. Now if only I could stay as full of energy as they do!


No comments: