Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Birthday Girl!

On June 19, 2007 at 8:59 am, my beautiful first child was born, and it feels like it was just yesterday. How on earth did 5 whole years fly by and now I have a kindergarten-bound 5-year old?? The weeks and months must have sped up the last few years, because I don't remember a time when 5 years went by that quickly (maybe college?). Abby is 5 now, and we have so many fun things to look forward to in the next 1-1.5 years: losing her first tooth, learning how to read, perhaps removing training wheels from her bike, taking the school bus, eating lunch at school and so much more.

Abby has become a little girl in every sense of the phrase - she is independent and head-strong, yet still wants to ride in a stroller and get dressed herself. She is silly and funny and sensitive. She is creative, outgoing and smart. We often can't believe how our baby girl seems to be a teenager at times!

My wish for her is to let herself have a great summer and year in kindergarten. I want her to continue to be the carefree, happy child that she is, even when homework and bullying threaten to take away the innocence. I want Abby to be grateful and appreciative for everything she is able to do but at the same time, realize that she is a tiny person in a very big world, and to help make a difference wherever she can. I hope she treats others with respect and stands up for herself when necessary. Above all, I want Abby to remember that she's smart, beautiful and strong, no matter what comes her way.

Happy birthday, Abigail Jordan, we love you!!

No comments: