Friday, June 29, 2012

Little Campers

This week marked the start of summer camp for most Westchester residents, including my TWO kids.

On Tuesday, Zach took a huge step in his first time separating from Cora or I at Training Camp, where he'll be going for 2 hours, twice a week. Cora said he happily went in to the classroom, and when she said "Zach, you're going to camp!", he said, "ME?!?" And yes, it was him who didn't cry, who had a great day and who was so wiped out that he napped as soon as he got home!

Abby started Camp Rainbow again on Wednesday and this year, she is in a group with her 4 girl friends and 1 boy friend from school. I expect that they will all have fun together and I hope she gets more comfortable with swimming as well. Luckily, her private swim lessons once a week have helped, and she is taking a few strokes on her own now!

This week I found out that I have a "tilted knee," (my kneecap is misaligned) so I have to start PT to help strengthen the muscles around my knee. Luckily, Zach's great physical therapist's husband works with adults, so I will be seeing him 2 times a week.

Next week, it's mommy and kids week! Cora is off on vacation so I took the week off. Monday and Tuesday will be our somewhat "regular" routine - Zach's PT, camp drop-offs, Abby's 5-yr checkup, etc. Wednesday the 4th will hopefully be a low-key day and then we'll leave for the beach (the IL's rented beach house) on Thursday after camp for the weekend, and Jason will meet us there on Friday night. Hopefully I can hold everything together like Cora does without losing a kid or my mind!

No comments: