Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Updates

Well, the inevitable happened following my last post. I caught what Abby/Nicole had - a yucky flu-type bug that had me doing all sorts of gross things I'd rather not share publicly. Luckily, it lasted only 24 hours (Labor Day) and it even helped me lose 4 lbs! Jason was a lifesaver and took great care of me and Abby. Thank goodness, since if I was home alone with Abby, she would have been taken care of by Sadie (our dog) all day.

But in other good news, this weekend Abby FINALLY said MAMA!!!! Full disclosure - it was and since has been said only in duress (as in mid-cry), but I'll take it! Hopefully she'll discover that she can use it for other instances as well (as in "Hi Mama!" or "Mama, look what I did!").

Abby has also been a bit of a cranky pants lately - we figure another tooth is on its way in, but she has definitely not been her normal, happy self the past few days. Between her and I being sick, going away for a few days and not having Nicole around to help out, Jason and I are a bit tired, to say the least!! We hope the next week proves to be a bit easier in our household!

No comments: