Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Try again

So, unfortunately the person we made an offer to yesterday (who, by the way, accepted our offer and told us she would start on 10/6) apparently also accepted an offer with another family who lives in the neighboring town. Nice, huh? Clearly we aren't dealing with the most rational, professional people here, but it's SO frustrating.

How did I find out, you ask? Well, my friends, this IS the information age and through a little savvy networking & asking the right questions, a totally random stranger and I found that we had a very disturbing connection!

This stranger happens to live a few minutes away from me, has a daughter 3 months older than Abby, works a few blocks from my office and also had her nanny not show up one day (after her paid vacation). We agreed that once we both have new nannies, we'll be meeting for a drink! Let's hope that's sooner rather than later....

No comments: