Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank you, Susan!

It's been 3 weeks, 13 interviews, plus numerous phone calls since the new nanny search has begun and I think I might actually have found a gem of a nanny. My friend Susan told me about Rebecca (a friend of her friend's nanny) who I met with over the weekend. She was so nice, had great references and was eager to work with us. She officially accepted our offer today, but still has to resign from her current employer. Assuming they let her go, she'll hopefully start with us in 1-2 weeks. And that day, my friends, cannot come soon enough!

We have a temporary nanny right now (a friend of the nanny next door to us) but we're really not loving her. We liked her when we met her but we've noticed a few issues (nothing terrible, just things we didn't love) and it's only her 2nd day with us. So we need to find a way to gently say goodbye to her once we know when Rebecca can start.

I have to say, this process has been challenging at best - but I hope for our sake and Abby's sake that it gives us a new, more responsible and reliable person who will be with our family for years to come! Or at least until I decide I've had enough of my job and become a SAHM one day....

No comments: